Continuous Auditing and Monitoring
Continuous Auditing (CA) & Continuous Monitoring (CM) are automated feedback mechanisms used by Internal Audit or Management to monitor IT systems.
Continuous Auditing (CA) and Continuous Monitoring (CM) are automated feedback mechanisms used respectively by Internal Audit or Management to monitor IT systems, transactions and controls on a frequent or continuous basis, throughout a given period.
Companies who deploy Continuous Auditing (CA) can leverage technology to more efficiently analyze risk data on a frequent basis. This approach helps the detection of anomalies, outliers, inconsistencies and other factors to more efficiently focus audit resources.
Continuous Monitoring (CM) provides management with information on key performance metrics in close to real-time, allowing them to have better insight into issues as they arise, thereby improving their ability to manage risks and opportunities.
These services assist our member firms’ non-audit clients to:
- assess and design the overall implementation plan
- perform risk assessment and design query protocols and reports
- assist management through the change management process
- evaluate software tools and provide recommendations
- provide recommendations on reporting and dashboards
- train management and internal audit
- execute continuous audits.
We strategically deploy resources from various disciplines to suit each individual client situation. IT Advisory, Internal Audit and Forensics professionals typically comprise the core team, adding industry or subject matter specific resources as appropriate.
Our firms’ resident skill sets and experience includes:
- GRC suite tools associated with major ERP systems
- fraud risk assessment and anti-fraud process evaluation
- enterprise risk assessment
- risk and controls knowledge, with emphasis on those that are industry-specific and compliance-driven.
Our firms’ CA/CM services are aligned to meet the needs of key stakeholder groups:
- Board of Directors — Delivers regular insight into the status of controls and transactions across a global enterprise. It also helps to improve the overall risk and control oversight capability through enhanced detection and monitoring.
- Management — CM allows senior management to have improved visibility into the organization, enhancing its oversight capabilities and providing line managers with better tools to manage day-to-day responsibilities.
- Internal Audit — CA provides early warning of problems so that IA can address control or transaction failures closer to the occurrence.